Liebster Blog Award
I was nominated, not once, but twice, for the Liebster blog award! So I will post one on this blog, and one on my other blog at http://differentcornersinmylife.blogspot.com/
Thank you Ngaire. I am honored.
Find her here;
Okay here are the rules!
*Post 11 random facts about oneself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
*Pass the award onto 11 other blogs.
*Write 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
*Paste the award picture into your blog.
Okay, Eleven random facts about me.
I love 80’s rock and roll.
My favorite singer does not sing my favorite song.
I’m a healthnut and prefer vegetarian food and yet will get a craving for pork (ribs, roast, burrito) about every other month.
I’m a junk food addict.
I love to read.
I like classic cars.
I can be a procrastinator.
I took violin lessons for 8 years and…. well…
I have 2 very spoiled dogs.
I can’t stand to hear people crack their knuckles.
Ngaire’s questions for me
1. What is your favourite book, and why?
I have to say Stephen King’s “Cell” Because he touched on all the different emotions. Fear, comraderie, love, hate, etc.
2. What was the worst thing you did as a child?
Hmm…This is hard. I was such a perfect child. LOL! I was the baby out of three sisters and I was spoiled! I used to sit in my rocking chair and cry until I got my way, and it always worked. 🙂
3. What type of candy/sweet would you be and why?
Caramel. Because it’s sticky and sweet.
4. Tell us one of your favourite quotes …
Well I have two that come to mind and both are by Stephen King
“There are books full of great writing that don’t have very good stories. Read sometimes for the story… don’t be like the book-snobs who won’t do that. Read sometimes for the words–the language. Don’t be like the play-it-safers who won’t do that. But when you find a book that has both a good story and good words, treasure that book.”
― Stephen King
“Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s.”
― Stephen King, On Writing
5. Your ideal holiday destination, where would it be and why?
A campground down by San Diego. I love the laid back feeling of camping and I’d get to spend the holiday with my middle son.
6. What film made a lasting impression upon you?
I have favorite movies, and like with books, I usually remember all of them. But I can’t name just one. But Shrek tops my list and so do The Lord of the Rings trilogy and the first three Pirates movies and On Golden Pond is a good one.
7. You have been invited to dine with Queen Elizabeth II, what would you wear and what would you talk about (choose 3 topics)?
I would wear my favorite jeans and a pullover sweater, because if I’m comfortable, I have more self confidence in me. If I wore a dress, I’d be uptight and irritable. I’d want to know if she was happy being the Queen. What is the saddest moment in her life. And if she could be anything else, what would she be.
8. What is your greatest strength and biggest weakness?
I’m a caring, compassionate person, so that would be my greatest strength. My biggest weakness would have to be a lack of self confidence.
9. Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
Of course! Stephen King.
10. Where were you born and where do you call home?
I’ve lived all my life here in Southern California.
11. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?
“Judged by the Cover” Is a love/hate relationship between an author and his cover designer.
Okay, eleven blogs I’m passing this on to.
Note to bloggers; I know how busy everyone is, especially at this time of year, so it is totally up to you if you want to participate, or you can put it aside and then post about it in the new year.
And now eleven questions! Are you ready to be in the hot seat? I’ll try not to make you squirm or think too hard. 🙂
- If you wrote a bucket list, what would be the #1 thing on it?
- Favorite sport? To play? To watch?
- If you were going on your first date, what would you do to impress her/him?
- Dancing or bowling?
- If you could blink your eyes and be anywhere right this minute, where would you be?
- Favorite holiday?
- Are you an only child? Or first, middle, or baby in the family?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite word or expression, that you use most often? Could you base a short story on it?
- What color are your eyes?
- And since I’m a horoscope junkie, what is your sign? 🙂