THE ‘NEXT BEST THING’ CHALLENGE
Today, I was tagged in a blog hop called “The Next Best Thing”
(TNBT) by an awesome twitter and blog follower,
Now TNBT is different then the blog awards because TNBT is a writing challenge.
Now here’s the rules.
- Answer the ten TNBT questions listed below about your current WIP.
- Tag five other writers and link to their blogs so we can hop over and read their answers!
Here are my responses:
1. What is the title of your book/WIP?
“Chris’ Journey Turning Different Corners” Book 1 “Her Journey Begins”
2. Where did the idea for the book come from?
I actually wrote the last book first as a stand alone novel, but it had some unanswered questions and I needed an idea for NaNoWriMo last November so I decided to write the first book and fill in some of the blanks.
3. What genre would your book fall under?
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I know who I would choose for the last book, but this one I haven’t a clue.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Follow Chris as she begins her journey from being a foster child, to falling in love with her high school sweetheart, only to be met with tragedy, rape, and abuse.
6. Is your book published or represented?
It will be self published in the next few days.
7. How long did it take you to write?
8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to?
I really haven’t read any other books in this genre to compare it to. I had a hard time deciding on the genre as it was.
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
Stephen King is the inspiration for all of my writing. He has a special way of weaving a story, hooking you and pulling you in till the very end.
10. Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book.
“Chris’ Journey Turning Different Corners Her Journey Begins” Touches on Chris’ life as a foster child, the tender first love she shares with her high school sweetheart, The struggles of dealing with tragedies and the love and support of family and friends helping her along the way.
Now for part B! Tag! You’re it!