Wednesday Wonders/Saturday Stars With Gary Henry
Okay before I start
interrogating, I mean interviewing Gary, Gary wants to tell us a little about himself. So let me just turn off these bright lights here and…Okay Gary it’s all yours.
Gary R. Henry lives, writes, reads, runs ultramarathons, is married and has dogs, all in Lawrence, Kansas,
home of the mighty Jayhawks. He – oh hell – I work by day as marketing copywriter. I review indie books and others that catch my fancy at http://honestindiebookreviews.wordpress.com/
I’m on Twitter as @LiteraryGary
Wow did you hear that everyone? Gary reviews books. Make sure to stop by his page on the way out and check out his criteria to be reviewed.
Okay we can turn the bright lights back on and get down to business. Please everyone give Mr. Gary Henry a warm welcome.
1. Many people don’t like the name they were given at birth. Do you like your given name? If not, what would you rather have been named?
I’m ok with my name now – Gary, rhymes with “literary.” When I was 14, and visited the beach for a week with my family, I told all the other kids I met that I was “Rochester Spruill,” from Bristol, England.
2.Do you write under your given name or a pseudonym?
Given name – Gary R. Henry. The “R” is for Rochester. Just kidding! It’s Robert.
3.Is there a routine you go through before you begin writing?
No, just fighting off the distractions.
4. Is there anyone you admire?
I admired Ernest Hemingway until I found out he killed himself. Quitter. Truthfully, I admire anyone who has written and published a novel. Amazing accomplishment.
5. What do you like to read?
I haven’t yet met the book I didn’t like. But I grew up on Robert E. Howard sword and sorcery, and Edgar Rice Burroughs – so fantasy. But I like it all. John LeCarre to Louis Lamour. Fond of Somerset Maugham and Ian Fleming – now you’ve got me going!
6. Do you have a favorite author?
7. Does it have to be quiet when you write or do you like background noise? TV, music, etc.
Prefer quiet, but don’t often get it. Learned part of my craft writing on aircraft carriers, which are noisy.
8. Beach or mountains?
That is hard. Mountains, but just by a nose. Then caves a close third.
9. What inspires you?
Mountains. Sky. Sea. Sometimes other people.
10. Favorite snack food?
11. Doesn’t matter who we are, man, woman, child, all of us get freaked out by something. Spiders, mice, snakes, bugs, geese, etc. What freaks you out?
12. What is the most unusual job you’ve ever had?
Telephone psychic Tarot card reader.
13. I read on another blog, that a writer was working on 10 novels at once. Confusing! Do you work on one or multiple novels at a time?
One, if that.
14. What do you like to do when you are not writing?
Read, watch movies with spouse Karen, run, play with dogs.
15. And last question…Do you have anything new coming out that you’d like to share with us?
I thought you’d never ask! “American Goddesses,” my debut novel ~ just self-published on Amazon and Smashwords end of May. It’s a “sexy super-powered paranormal fantasy romance thriller” ~ at least that’s how I hope a kind reviewer will one day describe it.
Here’s the link to Amazon ~
Thanks Karen! You are awesome apples, my friend!
And you are so welcome Gary. You handled being interrogated quite well. We didn’t have to poke or pinch you at all.
And on a final note, I will be reviewing “American Goddesses” next week here on my blog, so make sure to stop back by.
Whew…Boy it’s hot in here. Time to turn those bright lights off, sure am glad I wasn’t the one in the hot seat.
Till next time. Night everyone. Have a great weekend!
Poop freaks you out! awesome answer, haha
Wonderful interview here! That Karen, she can be a tough one…lol.
I need to start doing interviews again! I love all the different answers!