Wednesday Wonder’s Interview With Sara Flower
I want to welcome Sara to the Wednesday Wonders today. She has graciously agreed to let us peek into her head and see what makes her tick. So here’s Sara in her own words answering our probing questions. Welcome Sara and thank you so much for being here.
1. Many people don’t like the name they were given at birth. Do you like your given name? If not, what would you rather have been named?
As a kid, I have to admit that I was annoyed at how common the name “Sara” was.
Every year, I had at least one other Sara/Sarah in my class. Later on, I started to appreciate my name. It means “Princess” after all. J
2. Do you write under your given name or a pseudonym?
Sara Flower is a pen name. “Flower” is actually my middle name. I was told by a buddy in college that my first and last name destined me to become a rock star or something. Well, I became a writer that loves rock. That is somewhat close, right?
5. What do you like to read?
I usually prefer thrillers or adventure stories. High stakes and intense plots are my thing, but the characters have to be c
omplex and realistic for me to love a book.
6. Do you have a favorite author?
Yes, indeed. I enjoy reading Ted Dekker for his thrillers and fantasy stories, especially his earlier works. Lynn Austin is great for epic historical fiction.
7. Does it have to be quiet when you write or do you like background noise? TV, music, etc.
It almost always has to be quiet, except for the odd times I will play instrumental music softly in the background.
10. Favorite snack food?
11. Doesn’t matter who we are, man, woman, child, all of us get freaked out by something. Spiders, mice, snakes, bugs, geese, etc. What freaks you out?
Centipedes. If I see one, I just can’t deal.
12. What is the most unusual job you’ve ever had?
The most unusual job was also my favorite job. While in college, I did a Co-op job at a research laboratory and we had to go to different river sites to gather water samples. This took place in the summer so I was very happy.
13. I read on another blog, that a writer was working on 10 novels at once. Confusing! Do you work on one or multiple novels at a time?
I also have roughly ten works in progress right now. I try to keep my attention on one at a time, but I have been known to work on two or three. Sometimes, I am more in the mood for fantasy or an adventure, so I will focus my attention on a specific writing project.
14. What do you like to do when you are not writing?
I love to work out, read, watch movies, and visit coffee shops to catch up with friends.
15. And last question…Do you have anything new coming out that you’d like to share with us?
My second novel, titled “Followed”, is coming out this June. It is a supernatural thriller centering on four young adults from the early 19th century.
“By The Sword”
Find and follow her on twitter
And her blog
And here is her author bio:
Sara is a twenty-something Canadian author who has enjoyed writing stories since kindergarten. She likes good music & inspiring films, which fuel her creativity. She also happens to be something of a fitness nut and fashion is her passion.
And Thank you Sara for being here. Centipedes, huh? Wow I haven’t seen one of them in years! Knock on wood that I don’t. 🙂